Join the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and the Florida Chapter/APTA today and put yourself in touch with the resources you need for continued personal and professional growth. Plus, you’ll support critical efforts to protect the interests of our entire profession.
Enjoy APTA’s many career-enhancing
member benefits that will help you…
The benefits of membership are countless. Act now! Call APTA’s Membership Services Department at 800/999-2782 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 800/999-2782 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, ext 3124, or visit www.apta.org. We look forward to welcoming you into membership soon.
· Refine your clinical skills. Take advantage of the more than 700 hours of continuing education APTA offers each year. All courses put you in touch with experts in the field and help you refine and improve your knowledge and clinical skills. Visit www.apta.org for the most complete listing of upcoming conferences and seminars. FPTA's Conferences are located under Conferences and Education on this site.
· Discover new career opportunities. Whether you browse through job listings in PT Bulletin Online, make connections with employers at local or national meetings, or identify new career paths through APTA publications, you’re sure to discover the career opportunity that will fulfill your needs.
· Find answers to your physical therapy questions. APTA is your best—and most trusted!—source for physical therapy information. Visit www.apta.org 24 hours a day or talk with staff experts about your practice, reimbursement, education, or research questions. You’ll also have access to Hooked on Evidence, APTA’s database of current research evidence on the effectiveness of physical therapy interventions.
· Ensure that your interests are heard. APTA advocates for physical therapists in all practice settings…ensuring that your professional interests are represented. Whether it’s improving reimbursement for physical therapists in rural areas, increasing payments for physical therapists in home care, or increasing the physician fee schedule that indirectly affects the compensation of acute care physical therapists, you can be assured that your interests are being heard.
· Stay informed. Keep up-to-date and be among the first to learn about the latest developments in the profession through UPDATE, PT Magazine, Physical Therapy, and PT Bulletin Online.
· Expand your professional network. Make connections like never before! Meet colleagues locally and from across the